We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please click my disclosure policy to learn more.
I just love little gnomes. It’s so fun to imagine those little guys running around your garden and even your house doing little chores to make your life a little easier. These little gnome refrigerator magnets made out of corks are sure to bring a smile and add a bit of whimsy to your kitchen!
Gnome Magnets Instructions
Here’s all you need to know how to make the DIY Gnomes.
- Corks (wine or champagne)
- Paper (scrapbook paper of your choice)
- Straight pins
- Strip of Feathers or Fur
- Small Flower
1. Cut the Paper to form a cone that will fit loosely over the top of the cork. I’ve supplied a pattern (plus instructions) for you to download.
2. Roll the paper into a cone. If the paper is stiff, roll it into a smaller cone and release it to the proper fit. Working with the paper will soften it up a bit. Use your fingers to gently pinch the top to get a nice point.
3. Glue the back of the paper to form the cone once you have it to the size you want. Remember to leave a little room to glue the beard to the inside of the gnome’s cap and still fit on top of the cork.
4. Cut the fur or feather strip to fit inside the cap and glue it.
5. Put glue around the top of the cork and place the cap on top. Use a straight pin in the back to hold it in place while drying. Let the glue dry completely before the next step. Then remove the straight pin.
6. Take the pompom and glue it half to the paper and half to the beard.
7. Glue a flower at the top of the gnome’s cap. Let the glue dry.
8. For the last step, Glue the magnet onto the back of the bottom of the cap. Let it dry completely.
There you have it! Some fun little Gnomes to hang on your refrigerator!
For the holidays, why not make some for your Christmas Tree or hang one around a bottle of wine. Use Christmas themed paper and add a ribbon loop to the top of the cap while making it and leave off the magnet.
Gnome Craft Party
This post is part of a round up with 5 other bloggers to bring you other cute little gnome craft projects. Cute popup cards, Free SVGs, Coffee Cozee, Gift Box and T-Shirt Design are all gnomed out! Check out the links below for all the information on how to create these fun gnome craft projects!
Another fun Gnome Garden Craft. Check it out!
- TWO Gnome Pop-Up Cardsby Minor DIY
- Gnome Refrigerator Magnets(this post) by Craft Room Organization
- “Just Hanging with my Gnomie” Iron-Onby My Scrap Menagerie
- Adorable Gnome Design Bundle by Maggie Rose Design Co.
- Gnome Coffee Cup Cozy by Well Crafted Studio
- Gnome Treat and Gift Card Box by Paper Glitter Glue
Pint it for later: